We’re a team of professional programmers, system architects and consultants.
Based in Wellington, New Zealand, we’re here to help. We can tailor a solution to fit your needs – be it development, project kickstart, training or consultation.
LocationWellington, New Zealand
Number of Employees2-10
- API Integration/Development
- Code Review/Audits
- Security Audits/Development
- Web/Visual/Interface Design
LoadStorm.com: on-demand load testing
LoadStorm is a SaaS application that provides load testing for web sites and web apps.
Able worked remotely with the American-based client, leveraging our SaaS business experience and Ruby on Rails technical capability.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Optimising a user’s first time experience
- Using AJAX to enhance the application’s speed
- Using background processes to execute time-consuming tasks
- And using AJAX to feedback to the user the progress
- Applying screen-scraping tools to define and execute the load tests
Working with a remote client such as CustomerCentrix proved remarkably easy with tools such as Skype and IM. We were able to make the time zone differences a real asset, as tasks were completed here and ready for use when the client arrived at work the next day.
Able has continued to build and apply its expertise in SaaS and start-up businesses.
- Project completed in 2009
Powershop.co.nz: electricity shop – in a website
Able Technology helped Youdo build the supplier portal/billing and network reconciliation components for Powershop. Powershop is a large scale consumer and retail facing online electricity supplier.
The system is entirely Rails based and is a great case study demonstrating how Rails scales well delivering a large enterprise sized application in arguabley a fraction of the cost than that of using traditional enterprise tools.
- Project completed in 2008
Sharesight – Online Share Portfolio Manager
Sharesight is a SaaS application that helps DIY investors to manage their shares. Sharesight is simple and intuitive to use. It is designed to provide maximum output for minimum input.
Able took responsibility for the technical aspects of Sharesight.
This included many aspects:
- the development of the Ruby on Rails web application
- leasing and administering servers
- database administration
- daily system and data backups
- web service integration with external vendors – NZX, ASX, Google and StrikeIron
Building Sharesight was a challenge, but Able’s depth of technical and business experience led to the success of this great company. Able continues to work with Sharesight as it expands into Australia.
- Project completed in 2007